May 20, 2016
As your dentist in Lincoln, we here at Pioneer Greens Dentistry recommend our patients of all ages receive a dental cleaning and exam every six months. Why? This preventive visit gives us the chance to remove the plaque and tartar buildup that causes decay and infection — and to catch small problems early, while they’re easiest to correct. If it’s been more than six months since your last trip to your 68317 dentist, keep reading to learn how your next visit can reduce your risk for cavities and gum disease… then contact us to schedule your appointment today!
Healthy Smiles Require Preventive Care
It’s no secret that it’s easier to stop a problem from happening in the first place than to fix it after the fact. And when it comes to your teeth and gums, a little prevention goes a long way. Plaque and tartar buildup are the leading cause of cavities and gum disease that causes tooth loss — but a six month visit to the dentist leaves your teeth sparkling clean with thorough removal of both substances.
Here’s the care you and your smile benefit from during a preventive appointment at Pioneer Greens Dentistry.
- Thorough removal of plaque, the clear, sticky substance that’s constantly forming on teeth, and tartar, the hard, yellow stuff that can only be removed by a professional.
- Evaluation for gum disease, the condition that affects the majority of adults over the age of 35. Symptoms include red, tender, bleeding gums, chronic bad breath and gum recession.
- Check-in on existing dental work (crowns, fillings, inlays, onlays, etc.) for signs of wear, breakage or other potential problems.
- Fluoride treatments and dental sealants for younger patients.
- A visual oral exam to check for tooth decay and other issues.
- X-rays to check for signs of problems lurking beneath the tooth surface.
- Time for patient education as needed.
Oral cancer screenings can also be performed alongside your regular checkup and cleaning, as requested. While all patients should undergo regular screenings for early detection, those at elevated risk for oral cancer should be especially careful to undergo twice-annual oral cancer examinations.
Additional Preventive Measures
In addition to scheduling a visit to Pioneer Greens Dentistry every six months, you should take care to maintain good dental hygiene habits at home. What does that mean, exactly? You already know the basics: gently brushing your teeth for two minutes, two times every day and flossing daily. Eating a nutritious, balanced diet and quitting tobacco habits will also help you to enjoy optimal smile health.
Schedule Your Checkup and Cleaning Today!
When was your last visit to Pioneer Greens Dentistry? We like to remind our patients that access to preventive dental care is the number one way to enjoy a healthy smile. Put yourself and those you love most on the road to enjoying a lifetime of strong teeth by contacting us to request an appointment for a dental cleaning in Lincoln NE today!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.