All-Ceramic Dental Restorations – Lincoln, NE
Beautiful Smile Repair
When a person has a decayed or damaged tooth, usually the best course of treatment is to repair it using a dental restoration such as a crown or bridge. These restorations can replace a tooth’s lost structure and also improve its appearance at the same time. While they can be made of a variety of materials, most patients prefer all-ceramic dental restorations in Lincoln, NE because they can be just as strong and durable as traditional metal ones, but they can also be colored to seamlessly blend with a person’s smile, providing a much more natural-looking result.
Why Choose Pioneer Greens Dentistry for All-Ceramic Dental Restorations?
- CEREC One-Visit Crowns
- 100% Zirconia Restorations That Look & Feel Natural
- State-of-the-Art Facility
What Can All-Ceramic Dental Restorations Repair?
With all-ceramic restorations, we can:
- Repair cracked, chipped, broken, or decayed teeth
- Strengthen weakened teeth
- Replace a row of consecutive missing teeth
- Make short teeth appear longer
- Improve the appearance of misshapen teeth
- Whiten teeth that don’t respond to traditional bleaching treatments
- Restore teeth that have undergone a root canal
All-Ceramic Dental Restorations vs. Metal Dental Restorations
All-ceramic restorations have a number of advantages when compared to traditional metal ones:
- They have a more natural appearance, which allows them to improve the overall look of your smile as well as repair your teeth.
- Often, they allow your dentist to preserve more of your enamel, which helps maintain your tooth’s natural strength.
- Because they are metal-free, they won’t make your teeth sensitive to hot and cold temperatures, and they’re even OK for people with metal allergies!
- We can typically design, mill, and place an all-ceramic restoration in just one visit (as opposed to the two needed for metal ones) thanks to our CEREC system .
What is the Procedure Like?
One of the biggest advantages of getting an all-ceramic restoration is that the procedure typically only takes about an hour or two. Traditional metal restorations usually require at least 2 visits that are spaced about a week apart.
When you come in to get your restoration, the process will start with Dr. Chris, Dr. Claire, or Dr. Pauley gently removing the damaged or decayed portion of your tooth, and then they’ll reshape your tooth so that the restoration will fit over it securely. Then, they’ll use a high-resolution scanner to create a fully digital 3D image of your tooth, and this will be given to CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/manufacturing) software. You’ll be able to watch right from your chair as we design your restoration.
Once that is finished, our in-house milling machine will carve your restoration out of a single block of dental ceramic. Then, your dentist will place it into your mouth using a small amount of dental cement. After testing to make sure it fits well within your bite, you’re finished! Your tooth might feel a little more sensitive right after the procedure, but this should be slight and will wear off after a few days.
With this treatment, we can help people rebuild their smiles in even less time. All-ceramic restorations look natural, last a long time, and can completely repair a multitude of dental issues. If you’d like to learn more about this treatment or come see if it is right for you, please contact our dental office today.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Family I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Unhappy with My Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services